Adding strength and stability training will help you ward off injuries, keep a strong body, manage the pain, together with improve mobility and balance.
Weight training is a type of strength training that uses weights for resistance. By creating stress to the muscles performed with free weights (e.g. barbells and dumbbells) or using weight machines, these exercises will activate muscles and get stronger.
Proceed with care
Always start with a lighter weight.
This is crucial to enable you to work on form and technique first, rather than an immediate workout using brute strength. When you have learnt to lift correctly, you also reduce your chances of strain and injury.A Fitness By Eddy is strongly recommended for a qualified Personal Trainer for Weight Loss who wants to explore in-depth nutrition. Our Weight Loss Training Program in Vauxhall provides nutritional recommendations, aids clients with goal setting and tracking, and provides proper motivation and direction.
There are Different types of resistance training that you can do :
- Free weights – classic strength training tools such as dumbbells, barbells and kettlebells
- Medicine balls or sand bags – weighted balls or bags
- Weight machines – devices that have adjustable seats with handles attached either to weights or hydraulics
- Resistance bands – like giant rubber bands – these provide resistance when stretched. They are portable and can be adapted to most workouts. The bands provide continuous resistance throughout a movement
- Suspension equipment – a training tool that uses gravity and the user’s body weight to complete various exercises
- Your own body weight – can be used for squats, push-ups and chin-ups. Using your own body weight is convenient, especially when travelling or at work
Improve fat loss
Enhance your mood and reduce stress
Maintaining Muscle Tissue
Reduce your risk of injury, back pain and arthritis
Reduce the risk of heart disease and diabetes